Sedona’s Top Five Hikes
If you have been to Sedona, you realize there quite a number of hikes, trails and places to see and visit. Each trail in Sedona is a little different than the other, and each hike is unique just the same. Hikes have difficulty levels to consider, and trails will each have: unique views, unique mountains, and canyons - each worth seeing.
So what are the top five hikes
1. West Fork Trail – This trail starts in Oak Creek Canyon. Finding parking is possibly the most challenging part of this hike, as there is limited paid parking and everyone else must wait in line. Going to this trailhead during the week or early in the morning is best. This trail is surrounded by towering cliffs and allows you to cross small creeks over a dozen times. At the beginning of the
2. Cathedral Rock Trail – This trail is
3. Devil’s Bridge – The hike to Devil’s Bridge can be accessed from a couple of different trailhead points. If you are less inclined to
4. Soldiers Pass Trail – Soldiers Pass Trail is enjoyable, but again, there is limited parking. The trail will take you past the Devil’s Kitchen (a super large sinkhole on most jeep tours) and also past the 7 Sacred Pools. The trail follows an old arroyo and butts up against
5. Boynton Canyon Trail – This trail can be found off of Dry Creek Road, just before entering Enchantment Resort. The first portion of the trail is a means of getting up and around Enchantment Resort without crossing their property. Once you have passed the resort, you begin to climb up into the mountainside and canyons where there are tall trees and amazing views. This trail is about 6.1 miles up and back and can be quite warm in the lower regions of the trail where there isn’t as much shade.
As with all hiking in Sedona, be sure to carry a map, take a lot of water and try not to hike during the hottest parts of the day. Take your walk slowly and carefully, prepare for parking fees or lack of parking. Also be prepared to bump into a lot of other walkers – and know that they don’t all want to hear your hiking conversation. Respect the peacefulness that surrounds you and
Visiting Sedona’s Top Five Trails will ensure that you have seen some of the best of Sedona while you are visiting. After all – hiking is one of the reasons you are visiting Sedona, right?
About: DEBnAIR Real Estate is located in Sedona, Arizona. Debb Carl and Airen Sapp are Premier Agents with Zillow and Trulia on Zillow Real Estate.